Pentecostal Religion

From: monkey

To: ed.babinski

Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 4:33 PM

Subject: Pentecostal Religion

Hello,

 

My name is Emily. I wanted to write you a note regarding the Chicken Soup for the ...... Soul article that I found while doing and internet search by typing in Pentecostal in the search engine. I not only am awe-struck by what you wrote I am praying for you as well. There are many "versions" of the pentecostal religion, united pentecostal, assembly of God, and then there is just the pentecostal religion. About 20 in all. But my point is this. Your article bashed ALL of them. You know, talking in tongues is NOT something bad. As a matter of fact I spoke in toungues last night at church. Praise God! There are MANY verses in the Bible where it refers to speaking in tongues as an act of God.

When you receive the Holy Ghost you speak in tongues.

Acts 2:4. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 2:38. Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 2:1. And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2:2. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

2:3. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

2:4. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 10:46. For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter.

Acts 19:6. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied

1 Corinthians 14:18. I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:

1 Corinthians 14:22. Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

14:23. If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?

14:24. But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:

14:25. And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

14:26. How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

There are many more that verify that speaking in tongues is OF GOD! I do pray and hope that maybe someday you can experiance the JOY and peace that you receive from this. It is Amazing! There is nothing more amazing than feeling the presence of God come over you. Next time you feel like bashing a religion try looking it up in the Bible, so you don't bash the Truth.

In faith,

Emily

From: Ed Babinski
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2003 8:48 AM
To: monkey monkey
Subject: Re: Pentecostal Religion

ED: Thanks Emily, I am happy your Pentecostal faith has saved you from depression. But you are only at the beginning of your Christian journey. To make a crass comparison, it is not unlike a heroin user's first injection (which they claim is always the best, and which they strive to acheive again for the rest of their lives). There is always joy in the beginning. Then comes the dogmas, the head stuff, like hell for non-believers which includes friends, relatives even perhaps for your own children who "go astray' concerning the "one true faith." And further questions such as "Why do other Christian denominations frown on speaking in tongues?" "Why do so many different denominations disagree over what the Bible really treaches from Genesis to Revelation?" What manner and types of "truth" are there "in the bible?" Or, what happens when Pentecostals themselves disagree?

"Emily !" writes:

Ed,

Is it not true that we are not to look into the future with doubt? Hasn't it been said, if you want it to be bad...it will? Rather than looking into the future, look at the present. I've been repeatedly told not to dwell on the past...it won't change it. As worrying on the future...it isn't going to change it. God's already got it planned. And I would much rather trust him and allow him to guide my steps rather than me worrying about when my depression will come back, but most importantly IF it will come 2back. I am not here to PLEASE other people. My friends and family, sure I love them. But truthfully their opinion doesn't hurt me or help me. They don't choose my eternity? Why should I live for and through them??? A thought provoking idea. From my theory, religion is not inherited which is what you made it sound to be. relatives even perhaps for your own children who "go astray' concerning the "one true faith." I am not allowing anyone to choose my faith I am going by a God led heart driven faith trusted feeling. As for my children (who may someday come...not now, I have none) but when and if they do, sure I will raise them in the religion that I am and allow them to grow and prosper as God leads them.

If they choose to "go astray" that is between them and God. It will hurt, yes, but I won't allow it to crush my faith. If they find another religion that they like or deem more suitable for them then that is most e2xcellent. I will pray for and with them. Because it isn't about what building you go to, what religion you are, what clothes you where or what color your eyes are It is about the one God that you serve. It is about following your OWN heart, allowing God to work through you and obeying the convictions that he places on your heart.

With Faith,

Emily

From: Ed Babinski"
To: "Emily !"
Subject: Re: Pentecostal Religion

Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 13:47:12 -0500

Emily,

You mentioned below something about "opinions hurting people," and how "their opinions doesn't hurt me or help me." But my opinions on the web still bother you?

Ed

I've prayed and will continue to pray for you. Last night I had a wonderful service and a wonderful encounter of the Holy Ghost. Life is on the up and up...;) Take Care.

ED: You too, Emily.
From: Ed Babinski"
To: "Emily !"
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 5:58 PM
Subject: Re: Pentecostal Religion

"Emily !" writes:

Ed,

Although I am at work I wanted to take a second to write. No, your opinion no longer bothers me. Truthfully they have never bothered me...they irritated me that the Devil could sway someone who HAS experianced truth.

ED: The author of WHEN CHRISTIAN KIDS LEAVE THE FAITH felt the same way about a friend of his who used to debate atheists and was extremely strong in his faith. His anguish at his friend's departure from evangelical Christianity is poignantly recorded in that book.

Why Christian Kids Leave the Faith by Tom Bisset, John T. Bisset

No comments:

Post a Comment