Mental Manipulation by Maria Ferrara

From: pema
To: Ed Babinski
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 2:41 PM
Subject: Mental manipulation

Dear Mr Babinski,
I was born in Poland Warsaw and by reading your name it led me to believe that your origins were too from Poland. I Found your web page very creative and humanitarian.
My web is www.onlyonetruth.com
which I would love to shear with you and which I believe that could be helpful for many peoples to recover from religious addiction and abuse. I have written a book " Anatomy Of A Life Possessed" It is a true story of main and which I have self-published. Since the book is against religions it is very difficult to promote not only my book but even my articles where I try to urge people to not allow any one to possess them and their families. I have discovered recently the Web Ring where I try to place my articles. But I have technological difficulties and I found Web Ring quit complicated. Moreover my English is not my first language. I speak Polish and Italian and now since seven years I am struggling with my English. I would love to link my web page to yours I have join Free Thinkers but I can't link to your page . Could you help me in this as well as to promote the subject about which I care very much such as the mental manipulation practice in all religions. I hope to hearing from you soon with the best wishes to you Maria Ferrara
pema@nyc.rr.com

Find it at Amazon.com
A graphic, disturbing memoir, October 8, 2002
Reviewer: Midwest Book Review (Oregon, WI USA) - See all my reviews
Anatomy Of A Life Possessed is the personal memoir and testimony of Maria Ferrara Pema, a woman who was possessed and tortured by a Catholic priest for 27 years. Anatomy Of A Life Possessed is a graphic, disturbing memoir that hides no secrets and spares no sharpness in its accusations. With today's focus on pastoral pedophilia, it is an unhappy and overlooked truth that most sexual, physical, and emotional abuse and exploitation by priests is perpetrated against their female parishioners -- and always has been. Anatomy Of A Life Possessed is raw, severe, and unforgettable reading.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0971922152/

From: Ed Babinski"
To: pema
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: Mental manipulation

Dear Maria,

Yes, I have Polish roots, but I am third generation, fully "Americanized." Interesting and scary story at your website. I've never heard anything like that before. I hope your health has recovered since then. My website administrator, Sharon, may have linked your site to the necessary webring(s), but she is quite busy with many things, so I cannot speak for her. She has graciously created the sites where my articles reside. I hope more people who are addicted to religion will read your book.

Other books that come to mind regarding the psychology of religious addiction include:

Leaving the Fold (by an Australian psychiatrist -- not to be confused with the book of the same title that I edited)

The Mind of the Bible Believer by Edmund Cohen

and a very new work I just saw by a Canadian psychologist, titled PsychoBible

Best, Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment